Is Stephen Curry a better offensive player than LeBron James? The Golden State Warriors guard seems to think so.
In an interview earlier this week on The Dan Patrick Show, the host asked Curry what his reaction was to news James was returning to Cleveland. He then asked who was a better offensive player.
"That's the first time I've ever been asked that question," Curry said. "Me. Gotta be, right?
Patrick said he thinks James is a better scorer, but Curry is the better shooter.
"(James) obviously demands a lot of attention on the floor," Curry said. "But I like to say I can distribute, get my teammates involved and be a playmaker as well."
The eight-minute long interview also touched on other topics including the recent injury to Paul George and trade rumors involving Warriors' forward/guard Klay Thompson. And Curry also weighed in on which NBA players he'd pick if he was fielding a football team.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.