Gaston County and Dallas police say they have arrested 16 people in connection with an investigation into drug sales in the northern part of the county.
Police said they are looking for nine more suspects.
The roundup began Friday, after a five-month investigation, police said. Criminal charges range from the sale and delivery of crack cocaine, pills, methamphetamine and marijuana, to trafficking in opiates, authorities said.
Investigators said the probe also led to the discovery of a meth lab in Lincoln County. Charged in the case so far:
• Charles Alexander, 58, Dallas.
• Shawn Lee Black, 42, Lincolnton.
• Shella Kay Bridges, 47, Dallas.
• Lori Kennedy Bush, 45, Gastonia.
• Rocky Edward Bush, 40, Gastonia.
• Patricia Patterson Carnatzie, 62, Dallas.
• Stevilen Lantral Cathcart, 29, Gastonia.
• Amber Lynn Cloninger, 23, Dallas.
• Albert Ray Dale, 44, Dallas.
• Tina Dawn Diehl, 41, Dallas.
• Joseph Edward Heafner, 47, Lincolnton.
• Angela Marie Hoyle, 40, Dallas.
• Nancy Caryn Johnson, 57, Dallas.
• Leslie Darlene Kennedy, 45, Ranlo.
• Pamela Marie Kirkland, 48, Dallas.
• Jeremiah Darby McKinney, 23, Dallas.
Lyttle: 704-358-6107; Twitter: @slyttle
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less