Doctor Who: Earth Conquest (9pm, BBC America) - This special follows “Doctor Who” stars Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman on the show’s world tour, which had them visiting seven cities across five continents in 12 days to publicize the upcoming season (which starts tomorrow night!). The tour launched in Cardiff, Wales and hit London, Seoul, Sydney, New York City, Mexico City and Rio de Janeiro.
Monumental Mysteries (9pm, Travel) - Host Don Wildman explores the story of an escape from slavery while visiting a historic home in Boston and investigates a majestic oak tree’s connection to witchcraft on Hatteras Island, N.C.
Airplane Repo (10pm, Discovery) - A fighter jet is repossessed in the Season 3 premiere. (There have been two other seasons of this show!?)
Redwood Kings (10pm, Animal Planet) - A dungeon attraction is constructed in San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf that celebrates 200 years of the city’s history with an interactive journey through nine rooms.
Monster Fish (Nat Geo Wild) - The host travels to Australia in search of the deadliest river shark species.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.