When April Whitlock attended the annual Head Start conference at the Raleigh Convention Center this year, she brought Max and Alphie with her.
Whitlock is CEO and majority owner of Fundanoodle ( www.fundanoodle.com), an early education product line for children ages 3 through first grade.
“The products combine the best of multi-sensory stimulation and early education standards,” Whitlock wrote. “Max & Alphie, along with all of their animal friends, make sure that children have fun while learning.”
We’re sending Whitlock a ShopTalk travel mug. Send us your selfie and you could win a travel mug, too. Use your mobile device to take candid photos of yourself in your business, showing off what you do in your environment. You can ask someone to take photos of you, too, but we don’t want professional shots. We’re looking for candids that capture the selfie spirit.
Go to charlotteobserver.com/shoptalk to upload your photos. The best photos will run here each week.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.