Some cans of turnip greens and mixed greens sold at Harris Teeter and Food Lion stores in the Carolinas are part of a voluntarily recall because of questions about the safety of the seals.
Margaret Holmes turnip greens and mixed greens in 14.5-ounce cans are being recalled. The cans have a lot code of F13EX on top of the can. The UPC code for the turnip greens is 41443 10251, while the UPC for the mixed greens is 41443 11271.
No other Margaret Holmes products are involved in the recall, which was announced by the FDA.
In addition to North and South Carolina, the cans were distributed to stores in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Georgia, Tennessee and the Washington, D.C., area.
If you have the cans, dont return them to the place of purchase. Dispose of them, and call McCall Farms, 1-800-277-2012, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays to request a replacement or refund.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.