We are the region's best source of headlines, tips and social forums for parents. Feel free to browse, but to participate you must register. Your old MomsCharlotte login won't work, so please re-register. If you're a member of charlotteobserver.com you can use that to login!
- How do you tell well-wishing people that the babies in your belly aren't really yours? Or do you share that part of the news at all? In this week's blog, three time surrogate Stacey Ashe explains what she did and didn't share, and how she was able to have a little fun with people in the midst of it all.
- There's still more summer, but that doesn't mean you can't get prepared for the upcoming back-to-school season. The Deal Diva has a jump start on the savings with the hottest bargains at local stores.
- We're heading toward a busy time of year, when moms everywhere begin to feel overwhelmed by kids, husbands, school, work, forms, papers, volunteering - everything! Life coach Mike Duralia takes on the challenge of creating balance in our lives with an explanation that will change the way you look at all you do as a mom.
- Whether you have a large bank account or a small sum in your purse, your money should be handled with the future in mind. To get you on track for financial responsibility, Certified Financial Planner Cheryl Sherrard shares her top four guiding principles when it comes to money.
- Much like choosing a name for your child, picking the right name for your business will distinguish it from others and convey the image you're seeking. Jennie Wong set out to find the best way to approach naming your other baby - your new business!
July 27 - August 3Queen City Buzz shares this week's adventures, outings and event for you and your little ones.
Start back-to-school shopping & help students in need.
Technology geared toward the very young presents promise and pitfalls.
From nose picking to head banging, some quirky behaviors are predictable and expected in young children.
Grab the popcorn and enjoy a movie night!
2 winners will each receive a great new John Deere toy truck!
Cool off on a lazy summer day at the movie theater or grab a blanket and a picnic and watch a show on a hot summer night. Either way, this list of theaters includes free and $1 movies all summer long.
Eating out doesn't have to cost a fortune. Check out these free -- or nearly free -- restaurant deals for kids.
Sometimes a mini-vacation is in order. The family will love these quick day trips that only require a short drive from the Queen City.
As STEM-based education is becoming more popular, the mandate for parents to be more involved in integrating STEM outside of school can be intimidating. But there are plenty of opportunities available to immerse your child in STEM-based learning at home. Writer Gi Hallmark looks at the resources available to local parents.
As your young reader becomes more independent, finding great series for them to experience is both necessary and easy with Gi Hallmark's guide to chapter books.
The Deal Diva's tips to getting the best bargains when Harris Teeter holds their Super Double Coupon event. Start clipping & saving!
Whether they're creating it or admiring it, when children are exposed to art great things happen. Charlotte mom Gi Hallmark explores why art is crucial to child development and shares the best places to expose your children to art in the Queen City.
Click on a date below to see its events.
Best Bets From Our Calendar
There are a lot of cool things going on this month for kids of all ages!
The Cornelius & Davidson libraries host free events throughout July & August.
Join Reveal your Dignity's Shari Braendel for a 5-hour fashion seminar teaching teens to dress with class and dignity.