We are the region's best source of headlines, tips and social forums for parents. Feel free to browse, but to participate you must register. Your old MomsCharlotte login won't work, so please re-register. If you're a member of charlotteobserver.com you can use that to login!
- For moms, a trip to the park with the kids is part of the daily routine and an outlet for stress. Yet for one mom, days at the park symbolized the loneliness and shame she felt as a young, single mother trying to figure it all out. Join blogger Tara Ashcraft in part 4 of her touching series on life through the lens of a teenage mom.
- Jewish families now have a version of the popular Elf on the Shelf to celebrate Hanukkah.
- The women of She Reads have compiled a great list of holiday books that any mom will enjoy. Get in the spirit this season by curling up with a good book....it may be just what you need to escape, recharge, or warm your heart.
- Writer Dorothy Price has set out to share 'the whole truth' about herself and motherhood. She's challenging other moms to own their truth as well, starting with the ideal of being a supermom. What's your truth?
- When Christmas comes around, Biltmore gets ready in a grand way. Dozens of decorated trees, thousands of ornaments, and endless evergreen garlands grace the interiors of this national treasure. A day trip to this Asheville destination will not disappoint your family.
Walking tweens into class: recipe for enabling, disaster
12/15/2014 08:27:57 AM
- Walking tweens into class: recipe for enabling, disaster
Discolored patches of skin on children usually benign
12/16/2014 06:25:23 AM
- Discolored patches of skin on children usually benign
December 15 - 21Queen City Buzz shares this week's adventures, outings and event for you and your little ones.
Jewish families now have a version of the popular Elf on the Shelf to celebrate Hanukkah.
Decisions made about parenting can turn into unanticipated challenges to intimacy and partnership in marriage.
10 tips for getting your child's closet in order.
Although they complain, children benefit from helping with chores.
The crafting service offices hands-on creativity for kids delivered to your doorstep!
With more than 25 Marvel characters, this show is action-packed fun.
Does it still seem to early to hang tinsel on your tree? Get yourself in the holiday spirit and kick start your celebrations with our list of tree lightings, Santa visits, horse-drawn carriages, holiday performances and more. The fun has already begun....
The Deal Diva's tips to getting the best bargains when Harris Teeter holds their Super Double Coupon event. Start clipping & saving!
Eating out doesn't have to cost a fortune. Check out these free -- or nearly free -- restaurant deals for kids.
As STEM-based education is becoming more popular, there are plenty of opportunities available to immerse your child in STEM-based learning at home.
As your young reader becomes more independent, finding great series for them to experience is both necessary and easy with Gi Hallmark's guide to chapter books.
Developing a love of reading requires a great home library. Whether you're buying the books to have or borrowing them from a local library, these 20 picture books are the perfect place to start!
Looking for activities for your little ones to get involved in? Check out our list of art, dance, gymnastics and swimming classes for kids.
Best Bets From Our Calendar
The Duke Mansion is hosting a 100th birthday party on New Year's Eve that will include dinner, dancing, and a late-evening breakfast.
Children's Theatre of Charlotte debuts The Story of the Little Gentleman, and continues the holiday tradition of "Scrooge".
Enjoy activities & exhibits at the museum this month.
Holiday magic and beauty come together in a CCBC performance on December 20.
Simply Healthy hosts monthly meetings to offer ideas and support to families with allergies.
Artist Laurie Richardson hosts small group 13-week art lessons in her SouthPark studio.