We are the region's best source of headlines, tips and social forums for parents. Feel free to browse, but to participate you must register. Your old MomsCharlotte login won't work, so please re-register. If you're a member of charlotteobserver.com you can use that to login!
- In the aftermath of her 2-year old son's illness and death, blogger Meg McElwain discusses the grieving process her family is experiencing as they continue their lives without Mitchell. Meg shares his story and continues the fight against childhood cancer in his memory.
- Separation anxiety is a common issue with babies, and there are many approaches to this tricky parenting situation. Attachment Parenting International encourages moms to consistently respond to children's needs, and offers strategies and encouragement for parents who have their doubts.
- Looking for an action-packed weekend getaway? Blogger Sara Kendall headed to the Great Smoky Mountains to find a spot that includes the beauty of the natural mountain setting with the excitement of attractions and shows. Pigeon Forge is a short 3 1/2 hour drive from Charlotte, and is the perfect fall destination.
- Last month Coach Mike Duralia shared thoughts a strategies on how to create a sense of balance by 'juggling' things in our lives. Now, he's back with pointers on how to balance life in a frenzied world.
- Sodoma Law surveyed more than 100 men and women in our area to uncover the root cause and top concerns when it comes to family separation and divorce. The results show that the well-being of children consistently plays a top role in the decisions and proceedings.
Parental help with homework could be a failing tactic
09/16/2014 06:22:06 AM
- Parental help with homework could be a failing tactic
Enterovirus D-68 just one of many respiratory illnesses out there
09/16/2014 06:26:30 AM
- Enterovirus D-68 just one of many respiratory illnesses out there
Rejection is a part of life, but you can make it a teaching moment.
September 14 - 20Queen City Buzz shares this week's adventures, outings and event for you and your little ones.
Club Milk meets monthly to offer breastfeeding support to area mothers.
As the days turn cooler, the opportunities for outdoor fun increase. Try these great ideas for the whole family.
The rare Enterovirus D68 is causing viruses among children across the US, including some in NC.
Enter for 4 tickets to Disney on Ice presents Princesses and Heroes
Family 4-pack of tickets to ride Thomas the Train on September 26 in Spencer.
Looking for activities for your little ones to get involved in? Check out our list of art, dance, gymnastics and swimming classes for kids.
Eating out doesn't have to cost a fortune. Check out these free -- or nearly free -- restaurant deals for kids.
As STEM-based education is becoming more popular, the mandate for parents to be more involved in integrating STEM outside of school can be intimidating. But there are plenty of opportunities available to immerse your child in STEM-based learning at home. Writer Gi Hallmark looks at the resources available to local parents.
As your young reader becomes more independent, finding great series for them to experience is both necessary and easy with Gi Hallmark's guide to chapter books.
Listing of how to find childcare, resources for special needs and support groups
Looking for playgroups, socialization or support? Check out our incredible list of parenting groups.
Free and inexpensive ways to find fun with your children all over town.
Click on a date below to see its events.
Best Bets From Our Calendar
Have you checked out Discovery Place's new adults only monthly event? Join this week as fans wear their favorite team color and enjoy the museum without their kids.
A family-friendly evening at Romare Bearden Park, including the Charlotte Symphony, an outdoor movie, and food trucks.
All your favorite Disney characters are coming to town for a spectacular skating event.