- Mecklenburg plans to buy former School of Law building for $16M | December 19, 2014
- N.C. jobless rate falls to 5.8% | December 19, 2014
- Levine Properties buys First Ward lot for $9.85 million | December 19, 2014
- Charlotte business leaders keep wary eye on cyberattacks | December 19, 2014
- Time Warner hikes fees for sports channels, modems | December 19, 2014
- Charlotte ‘Wax House’ attorney gets 10 years | December 19, 2014
Read the full series Workers don't have protections. Companies don't withhold taxes. Regulators don't seem to care. McClatchy reporters spent a year unraveling the scheme, using little-noticed payroll records that show how widespread this practice has become and what it costs us.
Analysis of total compensation packages for the CEOs of North Carolina's largest 50 publicly-traded companies. This analysis covers 2013 and compares total pay with that of the same executives in 2012.