Larson-WBT agreement will keep host in time slot

05/02/2012 12:00 AM

05/03/2012 10:22 AM

A week after surprising his listeners with the news that WBT-AM (1110) had told him his contract would not be renewed, mid-morning host Keith Larson and the station came to terms late Wednesday on a new agreement to keep him on the air.

Neither Larson nor Rick Feinblatt, WBT’s general manager, would discuss the terms or length of the contract that keeps Larson in the station’s weekday 9 a.m. to noon spot.

“I’m very happy to be plugging away at WBT,” Larson said Wednesday night after the agreement was reached in discussions that began Tuesday with Feinblatt. “We had a good conversation this week. I’m happy to continue eye-poking at WBT and looking forward to developing Larson Advertising and Media as well,” referring to a start-up firm he has launched.

Larson announced in his show last Wednesday that he had been told a day earlier that his contract would not be renewed, but WBT had said he could stay on the air day-to-day without one for the near-term. He told listeners that he wouldn’t rule out such a deal, though it would involve “certain conditions” imposed by management, but wouldn’t discuss what they were. His existing contract was to expire May 24.

Larson, 55, came to station in 2002. He said Wednesday he will talk to listeners about the new arrangement on Thursday’s show.

Entertainment Videos

Join the Discussion

Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service