You’ll notice some changes in CLT. We’ve moved the eat & drink section to the front of the section because more of us are taking advantage of Charlotte’s thriving eating-out scene. Whether it’s food trucks or craft breweries or fine dining, there are more places to go than ever before, and we want to draw attention to them to help you make decisions about what to do.
We’ve introduced new food coverage, in addition to restaurant writer Helen Schwab’s excellent reviews and news.
• Observer food editor Kathleen Purvis is now a regular contributor to CLT. She wrote this week’s cover story on food stores in unexpected places, such as the cafe at Greylyn Business Park on Monroe Road.
Never miss a local story.
• Daniel Hartis writes about local beers twice a month.
• Museum of the New South historian Tom Hanchett, who gets out quite a lot, writes about international places.
• Sarah Crosland, executive editor of magazines at the Observer, writes monthly about what’s happening at nightspots.
• Longtime freelance restaurant writer Robin Domeier writes monthly about five places to go. This week, gems at the malls.
We’re adding a day trips feature, to call attention to cool places and things to do around the region. And you’ll still find staff writer Lawrence Toppman writing about movies and performing arts, and freelance writers Courtney Devores on pop music and Barbara Schreiber on visual art.
If you have questions or suggestions for coverage, email CLT@charlotteobserver.com.