Among your Mother’s Day choices:
▪ The Morehead Inn and VanLandingham Estate open for brunch, with reserved seatings at 10:30, 10:45 and 11 a.m., and 1:15 and 1:30 p.m. at each. If weather permits, there will be outside seating as well. $40.95 for adults, $29.95 for seniors, $19.95 for 4-12, free for those 3 and younger. Reservations required at 704-376-3357; The Morehead Inn is at 1122 E. Morehead St. and VanLandingham Estate at 2010 The Plaza.
▪ Brunch at Mama Ricotta’s will be 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m., with a carving station and fresh mozzarella bar, as well as signature dishes and more. $29.95 ($12 for 12 and younger; free for 6 and younger). 601 S. Kings Drive; 704-343-0148.
▪ Brunch at Santé: Entree choices such as seared Scottish salmon, roasted leg of lamb, shrimp and crab stuffed crepes, granola-crusted brioche French toast and more. $32; $16 for kids 10 and younger; 165 N. Trade St., Matthews; 704-989-2937.
Never miss a local story.
▪ BLT Steak’s new brunch menu, including shrimp and stone-ground grits, BLT popover with ham and eggs, a create-your-own Bloody Mary, Bellini or Mimosa bar, and more. 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; 201 E. Trade St.; 704-972-4380.
▪ Passion8, where all moms get a complimentary Mimosa, and three courses will go for $42, 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (kids 8 and younger free). 1523 Elizabeth Ave.; 704-910-3161.
▪ Sullivan’s Steakhouse offers a brunch special 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., with prime rib, lump crabcake Benedict and bananas Boster bread pudding. 1928 South Blvd.; 704-335-8228.
▪ Del Frisco’s (not usually open for lunch) will be open 11 a.m.-9 p.m. , serving its full dinner menu, Sunday “Prime Pair” and kids’ menu ($15). delfriscos.com or 704-552-5502; 4725 Piedmont Row Drive.
▪ AZN Azian Cuizine will offer a brunch with eggs, pancakes, waffles and the like, plus Asian dishes ranging from Peking duck to sushi. 704-548-9463; 4620 Piedmont Row Drive; aznrestaurant.com/charlotte/mothers-day-brunch/.
▪ The Capital Grille will open 10 a.m.-3 p.m., offering a three-course brunch (including sirloin with fried egg, filet mignon or seared salmon) for $49 (kids $15), and its full dinner menu. 201 N. Tryon St.; www.thecapitalgrille.com.
▪ Red Rocks Cafes will offer their annual brunch buffet 10 a.m.-3 p.m. and the regular menu after 3 p.m. Reservations required: Southpark location: 704-364-0402; Birkdale Village: 704-892-9999; www.redrockscafe.com.
▪ The Ballantyne will offer a Mother’s Day Tea from 1 to 5 p.m. May 6-9, with tea sandwiches and sweets. $36 for adults, $18 for ages 5-12. Reservations required: 704-248-4100. It will follow with a brunch May 10, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., for $75 ($32 for kids 5-12, free for younger). Advance reservations required. 10000 Ballantyne Commons Parkway; www.theballantynehotel.com.
▪ Shoney’s offers a free slice of strawberry pie to all mothers, and its Mother’s Day buffet will include roasted turkey and dress, fried chicken and more. www.shoneys.com.