Look for a plant-based pop-up June 26 in NoDa, part of “As You Do,” a dinner series by Brian Williams and Shawn Harrison.
The two plan to employ plenty of house-cultured, sprouted and aged ingredients in the five-course-plus-dessert lineup. Dishes on the tentative list (subject to change):
▪ Compressed watermelon with whipped basil oil, chocolate mint and shaved, “activated” (soaked, then dehydrated) almonds.
▪ Arugula, squash blossom, sous-vide chiogga beets with tree-nut goat cheese.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Seitan-bacon-wrapped oyster mushroom scallop with mustard dust.
▪ Mung bean ravioli with charred shiitake mushrooms, candied pistachio and more.
▪ “Summer melody mash” of cauliflower, kohlrabi and black garlic purée, and almond-miso-glazed grilled seitan steak.
▪ Dessert: ice cream trio (vanilla, chocolate cherry and fried plantain chai, with lime gel and banana paper), plus a kefir digestif (a fermented beverage, to aid digestion).
The dinner will be at Photographic Elegance, 3550 N. Davidson St. Tickets: $75; www.eventbrite.com/e/as-you-do-tickets-17340632298.