11 arrested after probe at Hickory adult club
04/18/2012 12:00 AM
04/18/2012 1:06 PM
State agents recently arrested 11 people – including the manager and two dancers at a Hickory adult entertainment club – after a five-month investigation of the establishment.
Those arrested face a variety of sex, drug and alcohol charges, N.C. Alcohol and Law Enforcement officials said Wednesday. More arrests are expected.
The arrests follow an investigation of Thee Playhouse, an adult club located on Highway 64-70 Southwest in Hickory. The probe was launched after “numerous complaints from concerned citizens” about the club, said David Ashley, special agent in charge of the ALE district office in Hickory.
In a news release, officials said ALE agents made multiple drug purchases and witnessed numerous alcohol law violations during the investigation. Those arrested face charges related to the sell or possession of drugs like oxycodone, hydrocodone and marijuana.
Authorities said the following people were arrested as part of last week’s roundup:• Robert Sterling Cannon, 48, of Claremont, manager of Thee Playhouse. Accused of being a permittee’s employee and knowingly allow sexually explicit conduct to occur on ABC licensed premises and knowingly allow violations of the controlled substances act to occur on licensed premises.
• William Wayne Pickard, 53, of Morganton, assistant manager of Thee Playhouse. Accused of being a permittee’s employee and knowingly allow sexually explicit conduct to occur on ABC licensed premises and knowingly allow violations of the controlled substances act to occur on licensed premises.
• Holly Danielle Scronce, 23, of Hickory, dancer. Charged with two counts of selling or delivering a schedule II narcotic, two counts of possession with intent to sell and deliver schedule II drug, and being a permittee’s employee and engaging in sexually explicit conduct on ABC licensed premises.
• Tonya Marie Coulter, 33, of Hickory, bartender: selling or delivering a schedule II drug, two counts of possession with intent to sell and deliver schedule II, possession with intent to sell and deliver schedule III, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Lindsay Jewell Blalock, dancer, 23, of Lincolnton: Charged with solicitation of prostitution, solicitation for crimes against nature, six counts of being a permittee’s employee and engaging in sexually explicit conduct on ABC licensed premises, sell schedule II and conspire to deliver schedule II drug.
• Lonnie Samuel Edward Pelliccia, 32, of Lincolnton: Charged with conspiracy to sell schedule II , deliver schedule II and possession with intent to deliver a schedule II drug
• Miranda Kay Wiggins, 20, of Newton. Charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of another’s drivers license.
• Charity Patrice Cambell, 26, of Charlotte. Charged with possession of one half ounce or less of marijuana.
• Chelsea Foster Jones, 23, of Valdese. Charged with possession of one half ounce or less of marijuana.
• Christopher Raymond Greenhouse, 30, of Hickory. Charged with unauthorized possession of mixed beverage in a vehicle.
• Casey Michelle Keziah, 19, of Denver. Charged with underage possession of spirituous liquor.
ALE agents said they also have an outstanding warrant for 19-year-old Amber Rose Kelley, a dancer at the club. She is accused of selling or delivering a schedule II drug; possession with intent to sell or deliver schedule II drug; four counts of being a permittee’s employee and engaging in sexually explicit conduct on ABC licensed premises; and obtaining money by false pretenses.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.