02/21/2014 10:25 AM
02/21/2014 10:26 AM
From a sleek cat eye to bold, matte lips, it’s no secret that I enjoy trying new and dramatic make-up looks. These looks are perfect for a night out or a special event but not so much for everyday. Creating a perfect everyday make-up look is all about creating a flawless, natural face. I always enjoy seeing what everyday products others use so I thought I would share the products currently in my everyday make-up routine.
1. Estee Lauder Double Wear Light This is hands down a holy grail product for me. This foundation is light to medium coverage and it stays in place all day long. Seriously, it doesn’t move. It’s perfect for my combination skin and never feels heavy. I am obsessed with this stuff and hope it never goes away!
2. Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder I really love this setting powder by Laura Mercier. My skin tends to get oily throughout the day and this definitely helps control it. This powder also gives my skin a beautiful finish, which is a plus!
3. Bare Minerals ‘True Romantic’ Blush I have tons of favorite blushes but I’m currently infatuated with this limited edition blush by Bare Minerals. It gives my fair skin a subtle rosy glow and stays on all day long. It doesn’t hurt that it’s all-natural either.
4. Tarte Amazonian Clay Mineral Bronzer in ‘Park Avenue Princess” As a fair skinned gal, it can be hard to find a bronzer that won’t make me look like an oompa loompa. This bronzer by Tarte is a dream come true! It adds warmth to my face without being super noticeable. I love using this bronzer as a contour.
5. Bare Minerals Moxie Lip Gloss in ‘Show Off’ I’ll be honest, I’m addicted to lip balm. However, when I want a little something extra for an everyday look I go straight to my Moxie gloss. All of the colors in this line are amazing and the consistency of this gloss is wonderful. It’s not sticky and makes my lips all tingly.
6. Revlon Lash Potion Mascara I am a HUGE fan of drugstore brand mascaras. I usually go for Loreal but lately I’ve been impressed with Revlon’s Lash Potion. It doesn’t clump and gives my lashes just enough volume and length for the workday.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Bare Minerals ‘True Romantic’ Blush Tarte Amazonian Clay Mineral Bronzer Bare Minerals Moxie Lip Gloss Revlon Lash Potion Mascara
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.