An east Charlotte beauty salon suffered signficant fire and smoke damage late Saturday before city firefighters could put the blaze out.
Yolanda's Beauty Salon at 4463 Central Ave. was full of smoke when a total 28 firefighters arrived on the scene, fire department spokesman Capt. Rob Brisley said Sunday. The firefighters worked quickly to clear the salon and neighboring businesses of smoke.
Never miss a local story.
An electrical malfunction in a rear storage room was determined to be the cause. Estimated damage to Yolanda's: about $75,000.
Two nearby businesses also suffered smoke damage, Brisley said. No injuries were reported.