Pete Wentz says talk of Fall Out Boy's demise has been blown out of proportion - but he isn't sure when the rock band will performing together again.
Earlier this week, lead singer Patrick Stump told Spin.com that the group was done after Wentz tweeted that he didn't see a future for the platinum band.
But on Friday, Wentz said band members are just doing things apart and it's not clear where their future lies.
"We just haven't had the time to say anything. All I have been able to do is say, 'Man, I miss doing Fall Out Boy,' and I got to a better place hanging out with my son," the bassist said of his infant son Bronx.
Never miss a local story.
"Now I'm OK if Fall Out Boy comes back or doesn't come back. Like, if it's fun for everyone to do again, we're going to do it ... I just want it to be authentic when we come back," said Wentz, in town for Super Bowl festivities.
Though he was at a Venus Williams rooftop party to DJ on Friday afternoon, he said he couldn't see himself doing music seriously on his own: "I don't know that I'm really cut out to be a solo artist. It's never really been an aspiration of mine."
Wentz said he has e-mailed Stump and the two are still cool with each other.
"We just wanted to talk about how blown out of proportion it's gotten. It's to the point where we're gonna make 'I Quit Fall Out Boy' T-shirts, just goofing around about it," he said. "We don't want any animosity about it at all."