Get Her Look
11/20/2013 11:40 AM
11/20/2013 11:42 AM
When Brandee Dishner, Carolina Bride’s very own beauty writer and expert, said yes to high school sweetheart Dustin James, we were biting our nails to see what style direction this fashionista would choose. Thanks to Molly Schrader of RETRO Salon on makeup and Bamboo Salon on hair (both in Southern Pines, N.C.), Brandee’s look enhanced her natural beauty and proved just how stunning simplicity can be. “My wedding style was a mix of my love for structure and art—found in my dress and jewelry—and my admiration for a natural beauty look,” says the bride. “I didn’t want to be too drastic; I wanted Dustin to see me first and not all the extras.” Congratulations, Brandee!
1. Apply a light primer all over face with foundation brush to keep makeup lasting and to control oil.
2. Apply Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm in Crème Glow with foundation brush.
3. Apply Too Faced Absolutely Flawless concealer in vanilla with small concealer brush. Pat, don't wipe on!
4. Apply Too Faced Perfecting Powder with kabuki brush.
5. Contour sides of face and under cheekbones with Too Faced Beach Bunny Bronzer with stippling brush, and apply Nars Blush in Orgasm.
6. For a soft look on the eyes, use the Too Faced Natural Eye palette and Ardell Lashes in 110.
7. Too Faced Daily Lips in Naked and Too Faced Gloss in Perfect 10 applied with a small lip brush finish off Brandee’s romantic look.
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.