Serve these flavorful shrimp fajitas for a weeknight meal, or make a bigger batch for a group feast. The shrimp marinade in the recipe works well, but if pressed for time you could substitute a purchased fajita sauce.
Corn and black bean salad is a festive, colorful side dish. Here’s how to make it: Toss 1 cup frozen corn kernels (defrosted) and 1 cup low-sodium black beans (rinsed and drained) with 1/4 cup reduced-fat vinaigrette. Spoon into 2 large romaine lettuce leaves.
• The onion and bell pepper can be sauteed in advance. Warm for a minute and add the shrimp to cook just before serving.
• To quickly defrost frozen corn, place in a colander in the sink and run hot water over it.
• Warmed tortillas can be wrapped in foil and kept warm for an hour.
• Marinate the shrimp.
• Prepare remaining ingredients.
• Make salad and set aside.
• Make fajitas.