Using sherry as a cooking liquid produces moist and tender chicken. Mushrooms and a little cream finish the sauce. It takes only minutes to make. This dish can be made ahead and re-warmed.
Fresh herbs add color and flavor to microwaveable brown rice. Here’s how to make it: Cook 1 package microwaveable brown rice according to package instructions. Measure out 1 1/2 cups and save the rest for another use. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped parsley, 1/4 cup sliced chives, 1 teaspoon olive oil and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
• Any type of mushroom can be used.
Never miss a local story.
• A quick way to chop parsley and chives is to snip them with scissors.
• Sherry should be cooked over low heat. It burns easily.
• The skillet should hold the chicken thighs in one layer. If it is too big, the juices will run along the bottom and evaporate.
• Prepare all ingredients.
• Microwave rice and add herbs.
• Make chicken.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
To buy: 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs; 1 bottle dry sherry; 1/2 pound sliced portobello mushrooms; 1 package microwave brown rice; 1 small carton heavy cream; 1 bunch parsley; 1 bunch chives.
Staples: Olive oil, minced garlic, flour, salt, black peppercorns.