From fuzzy chicks to mind tricks, Discovery Place, Inc. Museums are packed-full with events this March.
Check out the top 5 ways to discover all month long in March!
1. D-Day is back in IMAX for an encore performance – March 1 – April 30 – Discovery Place
D-Day: Normandy 1944 has returned to the IMAX Dome at Discovery Place for an encore performance. Narrated by Tom Brokaw, D-Day: Normandy 1944 pays tribute to those who gave their lives for freedom. Exploring history, military strategy, science, technology and human values, the film will educate and appeal to all.
Never miss a local story.
2. The Very Hungry Caterpillar – Friday, March 20 – Discovery Place KIDS (Huntersville & Rockingham)
Huntersville - 10:45 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. | Rockingham - 9:45 a.m. and 1:45 p.m.
This year marks the 46th anniversary of the beloved children’s book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Join us as we act out the story, observe real caterpillars and participate in art activities about this beloved book.
3. Science on the Rocks: Emerald City – Friday, March 20, 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. – Discovery Place
Leave Kansas behind as you step into the colorful world of science at Science on the Rocks: Emerald City where it’s all grand and it's all green! From money to the environment and green beer to slime, we’re celebrating all things green. Tickets are $8 in advance or $10 at the door. Must be 21+ to enter.
4. Happy Houdini Day – Saturday, March 21 – Discovery Place
Discovery Place is celebrating the birthday of the great illusionist, Harry Houdini! Explore the science behind optical illusions, meet unique animals who are naturally gifted in the art of deception, be amazed by sleight of hand magic from Charlotte magician Righteous Raoul, and much more! Then stick around for a special performance of the Illusions and Confusions Magic Show with illusionist Amy Arpan (see attached for details and pricing).
5. Bouncing Bunnies & Chattering Chicks – 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Saturday, March 21 – Charlotte Nature Museum
Hop or fly on over to Charlotte Nature Museum this spring to meet some fluffy bunnies and fuzzy chicks. Interact with these cute creatures and learn about the variety of species and what makes them so cute and cuddly.