You can feel it in the air and see it on the shelves at stores....it’s fall! Why not embrace the fun of the season with a trip to Hodges Family Farm, the oldest running farm in Charlotte? For over 100 years, Hodges Family Farm has been serving Mecklenburg County and its surrounding counties educating children, families, and the general public about farming and farm animals.
The Farm welcomes groups and school field trips, as well as the general public to their annual Pumpkin Patch, open September 25 - October 31, every day 9:00 am until dusk. Families of all sizes are welcome at the Pumpkin Patch, any day of the week, without a reservation. On weekends, enjoy hayrides, pony rides, and good old-fashioned (unplugged) fun!
Daily activities include:
– Free parking
– Free admission for families and birthday parties
– Free self-guided tour of the farm and animals
– “Pick Your Own” Pumpkins: $5 and up, depending on size
– Hay mountain to climb and jump on
– Hay maze to wander through
– Light Refreshments
Weekend activities include:
All of the above PLUS
– Hay Rides: $5 per person, 4 years old and up. Three and under are FREE.
– Pony Rides
For more information visit their website at http://hodgesfarmnc.com/ and for an insightful read on the evolution of Hodges Family Farm and how it changing as the needs of the community change, see The Charlotte Observer’s article “Hodges Farm is growing with the times”.