McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Hold the jelly! How creative can you be with your peanutty spread?
Jif, the peanut butter company, is sponsoring a contest to see who can come up with the most creative PB sandwich.
– Open to kids ages 6-12
– Enter now through Nov. 13
– One grand prize winner receives a $25,000 scholarship; four runners-up $2,500; and five finalists will receive round-trip accommodations to attend a live final event in New York City
– All sandwiches must include 2 tablespoons of Jif PB (any variety)
– Judging criteria: taste, appearance, nutritional balance, creativity and ease of preparation
– Downloadable entry form available on Jif.com at:
Last year’s winner was Jordyn, a 10-year-old from Lebanon, Pa., who created a Po’ Boy Peanut Butter Chicken Cheesesteak. Her sandwich was a spin on a cheesesteak, made with chicken, peppers, onions and mozzarella cheese, with a sauce made up of Jif peanut butter, Worcestershire sauce, honey and honey mustard.
Other winners have included a Crunchy Chinese Fortune Cookie Sandwich, Peanut Butter