I was wondering what all the hype was about as far as prenatal massages. I have seen them advertised a lot and have see them range in pricing from about $50 - $200 for anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes.
Personally, I have always loved a good massage but it's one of those "extras" especially with the state of the economy today.
They say prenatal massages include the following benefits:
- Tranquil relaxation and reduce stress.
- Relief from muscle cramps, spasms, and myofascial pain, especially in the lower back, neck, hips, and legs.
- Increase in blood and lymph circulation, which can reduce swelling.
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints.
- Improves outcome of labor and eases labor pain.
- Enhances the pliability of skin and underlying tissues.
- Provides support for the new mother with physical and emotional strains of mothering.