I was wondering what all the hype was about as far as prenatal massages. I have seen them advertised a lot and have see them range in pricing from about $50 - $200 for anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes.
Personally, I have always loved a good massage but it's one of those "extras" especially with the state of the economy today.
They say prenatal massages include the following benefits:
- Tranquil relaxation and reduce stress.
- Relief from muscle cramps, spasms, and myofascial pain, especially in the lower back, neck, hips, and legs.
- Increase in blood and lymph circulation, which can reduce swelling.
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints.
- Improves outcome of labor and eases labor pain.
- Enhances the pliability of skin and underlying tissues.
- Provides support for the new mother with physical and emotional strains of mothering.
So as far as massages go, has anyone personally had a prenatal massage? If so, did it really do anything for you like relieve stress on your mind or your body? Did you feel rejuvenated or like you just got taken for your grocery money?