Noodles for dinner!
02/28/2013 11:32 AM
03/01/2013 1:47 PM
When it comes to pasta, Noodles & Company knows what tastes great. Try your hand at one of their delicious, kid-friendly recipes - Pesto Cavatappi. It's easy enough to make that the kids can help in the kitchen - they'll love tasting their creation!
And don't forget to enter our latest giveaway for a night when cooking isn't in your plans- you could win a Square Bowl to feed the family.
Recipe for the Home Chef
Serves 4 Large portions or 6-8 small sides
- 2 Tb Olive oil
- 1 box Cavatappi noodles
- 5 oz Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 5 oz Mushrooms, white button sliced
- 3 oz White wine*
- 3 oz Chicken broth
- 4 oz Cream
· 6 oz Pesto
· 4 oz Parmesan cheese
· 2 Tb Parsley, minced
· Cook Cavatappi according to box directions, drain and set aside.
· Heat a large sauté pan on medium high add 2 Tb oil to pan then add pasta, tomatoes and mushrooms stir to evenly coat the ingredients.
- Add 3 oz of wine and cook until wine has evaporated.
· Add 3 oz of chicken stock and cook until completely evaporated.
· Add the cream and pesto, take off the heat and stir until evenly mixed.
· Place in a large serving bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley.
*Chicken broth may be substituted for white wine.
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.