Random ways to save:
▪ At Starbucks, order a large tap water with your coffee instead of buying their $2 bottled water.
▪ This week at Harris Teeter, get boneless chicken breasts for $1.99 a pound with your VIC card. And instead of buying prepackaged ground beef, go to the butcher’s counter and buy it fresh. It’s usually cheaper.
▪ Consider buying a gift card with every paycheck to pay for holiday gifts. Popular options are Target, Wal-Mart and Kohl’s. Consider a grocery gift card to help pay for holiday baking.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Cheap ways to entertain the family: Visit the websites for Lowe’s and Home Depot, which offer child-friendly activities for free most weekends. Local libraries and bookstores often offer morning reading activities. Michaels offers a free monthly craft class.
▪ Adding nutrients to your soil can be expensive, so it’s important to know exactly what your soil is lacking. Visit the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services website to get a soil sample tested for free.
▪ If you’re searching for the lowest airplane fare, clear your browsing cache often. Your cookies and cache let the website know often you have visited. Typically the first time you visit the site you will find the best prices.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter @DealDivaClt