Here are seven ways to save at arts and crafts store Michaels:
1. Coupons abound at Michaels: On Michaels.com, in its weekly ads or through email offers.
2. Michaels will accept coupons from local competitors, including A.C. Moore, JoAnne Fabrics and Hobby Lobby. One caveat: It will only honor competitor coupons for single items, not ones offering discounts on the entire purchase.
3. Don’t pass by the dollar bins without taking a look. These bins include great deals on items such as stationery and seasonal decorations.
4. Special discounts are given to seniors (10 percent off for 55 and older), military members and their families (10 percent off) and teachers (15 percent off).
5. Check out the adult and children’s classes, many of which are free.
6. Load the Michaels app and access the free Wi-Fi while in the store to find more discounts.
7. Check the bottom of your receipt. Often there is an opportunity to complete a survey for a future discount or a coupon to use later.