The Simple Seven – Start With just a few Changes…
Passionate about deals – obviously, enthusiastic to share – sure but today I issue a challenge to my favorite Mom.Charlotte webmaster. An obviously very smart woman, this Charlotte Observer writer, mom of two and advocate for providing families with great resources admitted last week – that she does not use coupons. As I sat in the café I was a bit shocked – really? My only question… why?
Time… the most valuable of all things is something we all have so little of. Balancing family, work and sanity, we all run out of time.
So I am now publicly challenging her to the Simple 7
For the next 4 weeks Miss WebMaster - just cut out coupons for your family’s favorite brand of the following seven items and carry those with you when ever you shop… it will make a difference!
Below I have listed the 7 key grocery items that you should NEVER EVER buy without a coupon!! Look through the inserts each Sunday and focus on these seven types of coupons. Cut them out, put them in your pocketbook and see what a difference it makes.
1) Razors – disposables or even the blades – Be sharp don’t let this cost cut into your budget!
2) Diapers – look for the store with a sale and use the abundant coupons out there for diapers
3) Pet Treats. I will not pay full price for a dog treat, use coupons and buy it when it is on sale to give Fido a treat and save money.
4) Cereal – PLEASE this is the one item that never fails to have tons of coupons to save you a lot of money!
5) Toothbrushes or Toothpaste – You will be amazed! I will never pay more than a quarter for either – neither should you!!!
6) Laundry detergent – Even if you have a particular type/brand – coupons are easy to find!
7) Salad Dressing – use it for salads or marinades – great way to make use of a product that is always on sale and has a coupon.
I hope to report back to you this time in 4 weeks the progress of our wonderful WebMaster!!
In our forums: Are you a coupon clipper? Share your successes and you could win 4 tickets to Nascar Speedpark at Concord Mills!