Steps to enjoying the best of the holidays.
• Manage your calendar. Choose one day to wrap gifts (note key dates to ship gifts on time). Put special events and family traditions on your calendar now. Skipping them because you run out of time will only make you remorseful. Prepare to say “no” to last-minute events you really don’t want to attend.
• Determine a realistic budget. And find a way to monitor it. When creating your budget, remember costs for wrapping and shipping gifts, holiday meals and Secret Santa gifts.
• Figure out where you want to shop. Like those retailers on Facebook and visit sites such as Retailmenot.com for coupons.
Never miss a local story.
• Adding to holiday decorations? Find great DIY ideas on Pinterest. Involve family members.
• Pare down your holiday greeting list. Sending greeting cards can put a big dent in your holiday budget. When looking at your list, evaluate who needs to get a mailed card and who can settle for a free e-card.