Your smartphone could be your best shopping buddy. A recent study found that 86 percent of shoppers use their phone while shopping, mostly to compare prices and look up product reviews.
Great shopping apps:
• Google Keep: Free way to create and organize your holiday lists, from gifts to buy, food to make, events to attend.
Never miss a local story.
• Twitter and Facebook: Follow the Twitter and Facebook accounts of your favorite stores for late-breaking deals and coupon offers.
• RetailMeNot: Get coupons and online coupon codes.
• Smoopa: Scan an item’s bar code and Smoopa will compare it to online prices.
• Consumr: Scan the bar code and Consumr will find product reviews. Submit your own review and earn rewards.
• Wal-Mart Savings Catcher: Part of the Wal-Mart app, it will give you an e-gift card if it finds an item you bought at Wal-Mart cheaper elsewhere.
• Flipp: Carry sale fliers from more than 300 stores right on your phone. You can also create shopping lists and share deals with family and friends via Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest.
• Tadd Car Finder: Ever leave a store and forget where you car is? Using your GPS location, this free app can locate your car. Available only for iPhone.