Ok the feast is over; now the fridge is crammed full of leftover turkey and fixings. Never fear the turkey sandwich is here.We’ve all had the dry leftover turkey sandwich, here a few of tips for using leftover turkey that will make it better new.1. Remove any skin; soggy, fatty skin isn’t good for anything.
2. Re-introduce picked/pulled turkey to moisture, i.e. mayo, stocks.
3. Combine dark meat with white meat.
Now, try this sandwich that takes turkey leftovers to a new place with a tasty green chili mayo, leftover cranberries and deviled eggs. This is like no other turkey sandwich that you have ever had.
Green Chili Turkey Salad Cranberry Sliders
4 Cups-Leftover Turkey-chopped
1 Recipe-Green Chili Mayo-see below
4 Each-Deviled Egg Halves
2 Each-Green Onions-thin sliced
2 Tablespoons-Fresh Parsley/Cilantro-chopped
¼ Cup-Roasted Pecans-chopped
10 Each Dinner Rolls
1 Cup-Leftover Cranberries
Green Chili Mayo
1 Tablespoon-Dijon Mustard
To Taste-hot Sauce
¼ Cup-Green Chili-canned, chopped
To Taste-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
Directions1. Combine mayo, mustard, hot sauce, green chili, salt/pepper.
3. Chop white part of eggs, add to bowl and mix to combine.
4. Half dinner rolls, top from bottom, and smear a little leftover cranberry on each.
5. Top with green chili turkey salad, place on top bun and serve.