The Ultimate Leftover Turkey Sandwich
11/24/2012 3:33 PM
11/24/2012 3:36 PM
Ok the feast is over; now the fridge is crammed full of leftover turkey and fixings. Never fear the turkey sandwich is here.
We’ve all had the dry leftover turkey sandwich, here a few of tips for using leftover turkey that will make it better new.
1. Remove any skin; soggy, fatty skin isn’t good for anything.
2. Re-introduce picked/pulled turkey to moisture, i.e. mayo, stocks.
3. Combine dark meat with white meat.
Now, try this sandwich that takes turkey leftovers to a new place with a tasty green chili mayo, leftover cranberries and deviled eggs. This is like no other turkey sandwich that you have ever had.
Green Chili Turkey Salad Cranberry Sliders4 Cups-Leftover Turkey-chopped
1 Recipe-Green Chili Mayo-see below
4 Each-Deviled Egg Halves
2 Each-Green Onions-thin sliced
2 Tablespoons-Fresh Parsley/Cilantro-chopped
¼ Cup-Roasted Pecans-chopped
10 Each Dinner Rolls
1 Cup-Leftover Cranberries
Green Chili Mayo
1 Tablespoon-Dijon Mustard
To Taste-hot Sauce
¼ Cup-Green Chili-canned, chopped
To Taste-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
Directions 1. Combine mayo, mustard, hot sauce, green chili, salt/pepper.
3. Chop white part of eggs, add to bowl and mix to combine.
4. Half dinner rolls, top from bottom, and smear a little leftover cranberry on each.
5. Top with green chili turkey salad, place on top bun and serve.
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.