Here are a few recipes for the big game, or for any party that deserves something a little more than normal. For more great recipe ideas from Chef Troy visit www.cheftroy.net; and tune in every Tuesday to watch his live cooking show on Fox News Rising 7-9 am on Fox Charlotte. To watch the video of these recipes visit Tuesdays with Troy.
Whiskey Onion and Crab Cornbread Fritter BallsFritter Balls Corn Bread Directions
Fried Pimento Cheese Stuffed Risotto BallsRisotto
1 Cup-Sharp Cheddar Cheese-grated
1 Cup-Pepper Jack Cheese-grated
2 Each-Green Onion-ends removed, sliced thin
3 to 4 Cups-Panko Breadcrumbs
1 ½ Quart-Canola Oil
1. In a food processor or by hand combine all ingredients for pimento cheese.
2. Place in refrigerator to firm up, this can be done a day or two ahead of time.
3. Pre-heat oil in a large stock pot to 360 degrees.
4. In a mixing bowl combine risotto/rice with parsley, crushed red pepper and egg.
5. Form risotto/rice into balls, about the size of a golf ball.
6. Make an indention with your thumb in the side of risotto ball.
7. Scoop a tablespoon or so of pimento cheese and place into the indention and reform ball to enclose.
8. Dredge balls in this order flour, egg and bread crumbs.
9. Place a ball or two in a slotted spoon.
10. Lower into preheated oil and cook until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
11. Drain on a paper towel lined sheet tray, serve warm.