Sweet, salty, crunchy and creamy; a few things that we all love so let’s put them all into a clean and refreshing summer salad. As the temperatures rise around the Carolinas light and refreshing meals are on everyone’s mind. This dish is for those days when you need something on the lighter side but still full of summer flavor.A simple grilled peach slightly charred brings out even more of their natural sweetness. So when nested on a bed of fresh salad greens topped with tangy goat cheese, simple creamy vinaigrette and crispy prosciutto bits it is a combination you’ll repeat over and over. Served with lightly oiled and grilled bread it becomes more of a meal than just a salad, enjoy!
Grilled Peach Salad with Crispy Prosciutto
2 Each-Peaches-halved and pit removed
To Drizzle-Olive Oil
To Taste-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
4 Cups-Mixed Field Greens
½ Cup-Goat Cheese-crumbled
To Taste-Red Onion-sliced thin
2 Tablespoons-Red Wine Vinegar
¼ Cup-Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons-Crema/Crème fraîche /Greek YogurtDirections:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lay prosciutto flat on a sheet tray and season with pepper.
3. Top with another sheet tray on top.
4. Place in oven, cook until crisp, about 12-15 minutes and set aside until ready to use.
5. Preheat grill/grill pan to medium high heat for direct heat grilling.
6. Cut peach each peach half into quarter’s long ways.
7. Toss with a little oil and season with salt/pepper.
8. Place peaches over direct heat and grill until slightly charred.
9. In a small mixing bowl combine crema with red wine vinegar.
10. Slowly add olive oil and mix to combine.
11. Season to taste with salt/pepper.
12. On individual plates or serving platter, mound a pile of greens.
13. Top with grilled peaches, scatter on goat cheese, onions and prosciutto bits.
14. Using a spoon drizzle salad with dressing and top with fresh cracked pepper.