We are the region's best source of headlines, tips and social forums for parents. Feel free to browse, but to participate you must register. Your old MomsCharlotte login won't work, so please re-register. If you're a member of charlotteobserver.com you can use that to login!
- Building friendships can be challenging for children with ADHD. In the third of our 8-part series, local mom Julia McGrath discusses "The Effect on Friendships" and how she helps her son navigate the difficulties of making and keeping friends.
- From eating drive-in movies, dance parties, and sno cones are on this list of 50 activities your kids can check off as the summer days go by. Or have your child create their own list of anticipated summer fun!
- Internationally known for dazzling and amazing audiences, the performers of Cirque du Soleil are coming to Charlotte in a breathtaking show, Quidam.
- When a child is diagnosed with ADHD, the impact touches all aspects of his life. Parents and siblings are the first to learn what to expect and how to react, but it can be challenging for everyone. In the second of our 8-part series, local mom Julia McGrath discusses "The Affect on the Family, " and the way her family has learned to address her son's ADHD.
- Pulling your hair out over the disaster that is your teen's bedroom? Our new contest offers the messiest teen room in Charlotte a consultant to assist in the makeover that will organize and transform the room. Don't have a messy teen yet? Check out the crazy photos to see what you have to look forward to!
If you are around children often, it's smart to get CPR training
06/11/2013 10:28:39 AM
- If you are around children often, it's smart to get CPR training
Well, summer is officially here (well... actually Friday)
06/19/2013 11:22:55 AM
- Well, summer is officially here (well... actually Friday)
Queen City Buzz shares this week's adventures, outings and event for you and your little ones.
DocSmo is not a fan of trampolines but offers safety guidelines for jumping.
A recent controversy at Rutgers highlights demands facing mothers to be at work.
Concerns over caffeine consumption in kids has led the FDA to investigate its effects on children.
Tara Paterson, creator of the Moms Choice Award, has tips on saving at the drug store and gardening with your kids.
Win 4 tickets to Tweetsie Railroad and get ready for an adventure.
Enter and you could win 4 tickets to see Quidam, Cirque du Soleil's latest breathtaking show.
Blogger Michelle Lloyd reviews the Modern Berries Play Blanket from Oilo and offers readers a chance to win one of their own.
Hot days and warm evenings are perfect for movie-going with the family. These spots around town offer great entertainment and almost all are free!
Listing of how to find childcare, resources for special needs and support groups
Enjoy the sounds of Charlotte with your children at these free music evenings throughout the spring and summer.
The Charlotte Observer's annual list includes over 750 camps throughout our region for every age and interest. The easy to search database makes planning a breeze.
Blogger Michelle Lloyd reviews a variety of BPA-free teething products for baby from MAM.
Free and inexpensive ways to find fun with your children all over town.
Click on a date below to see its events.
Best Bets From Our Calendar
Cirque du Soleil comes to life in "Quidam," the story of a young girl's imaginative escape. Coming to TMC Arena July 3-7.
Original poignant theater production with a catchy Caribbean score, performed at the McGlohon Theater Thursday, 6/13. Eight Tony nominations for its Broadway run, including Best Musical, Book and Score.