We are the region's best source of headlines, tips and social forums for parents. Feel free to browse, but to participate you must register. Your old MomsCharlotte login won't work, so please re-register. If you're a member of charlotteobserver.com you can use that to login!
- Five years after losing her son, blogger Tammy Garlock's crusade against distracted driving has helped introduce a bill to North Carolina lawmakers that will consider making our state 'hands-free.'
- Developing a love of reading requires a great home library. Whether you're buying the books to have or borrowing them from a local library, these 20 picture books are the perfect place to start!
- Blogger Bess Kercher and her sons checked out the latest DreamWorks film, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, and share their review - from mom and kids points of view!
- As blogger Meg McElwain takes a break from her blog to care for her son, Mitchell, MomsCharlotte.com will provide readers with updates on Mitchell's progress and Meg's family.
- Magic, mystery, love and hope all roll into one in this month's book selection from SheReads.org. Get a copy, rwad the book, then join the online book club as they discuss and enjoy this month's choice.
March 9 - 16Queen City Buzz shares this week's adventures, outings and event for you and your little ones.
A week's worth of dinners for under $45. Here's the menu & Harris Teeter shopping list for the week of 3/8.
Writer Kiran Dodeja Smith tackles the tradition of snacks on the soccer field.
Spring clean your family's diet during National Nutrition Month!
Great ways to adjust your parenting strategy and enhance your relationship with your children.
These magnets help prevent damage to doors and injuries to people & pets.
Win 4 tickets to the March 20th show.
Developing a love of reading requires a great home library. Whether you're buying the books to have or borrowing them from a local library, these 20 picture books are the perfect place to start!
Listing of how to find childcare, resources for special needs and support groups
Eating out doesn't have to cost a fortune. Check out these free -- or nearly free -- restaurant deals for kids.
Art, dance, gymnastics and swimming classes for kids
Looking for playgroups, socialization or support? Check out our incredible list of parenting groups.
Find opportunities where your preschoolers through teenagers can help make a difference in the community.
Sometimes a mini-vacation is in order. The family will love these quick day trips that only require a short drive from the Queen City.
Click on a date below to see its events.
Best Bets From Our Calendar
Join Maureen O'Boyle in reading a childhood favorite, Pete the Cat.
Grab your tiara AND your doubloon for an exciting Disney show that is sure to please! Characters from both Sofia the First and Jake and the Never Land Pirates will perform with beautiful music, special effects, and tons of action.
Join in the 2nd annual fundraiser for pediatric cancer, organized by our guest blogger, Meg McElwain.