We are the region's best source of headlines, tips and social forums for parents. Feel free to browse, but to participate you must register. Your old MomsCharlotte login won't work, so please re-register. If you're a member of charlotteobserver.com you can use that to login!
- What's it like to carry twins for an entire pregnancy, bring them into the world, and then hand them over to someone else? In the conclusion of her series on being a surrogate, Stacey Ashe shares what she calls "the strangest part of the entire experience."
- Learning opportunities abound before your children even set foot in the classroom. As you prepare for another school year, get your kids involved in the shopping and the planning, and they just may learn a thing or two about budgeting, style, and their sense of self.
- Get your little ones pumped up as they head back to the classroom this month by sharing special books about school. Blogger Gi Hallmark shares 10 of her favorites that will help alleviate back to school anxieties and get a few good laughs. These books are all available at Park Road Books in Charlotte.
- With so much sadness & violence in the news lately, it's hard to know what, how much, or even if to share with our kids. Attachment Parenting International offers a message about helping our children understand the world around them
- Mompreneur blogger Jennie Wong finds similarities in the qualities that make someone a great mom and those that make someone a successful entrepreneur. All that mom multitasking transfers directly into the world of owning your own business!
Protect young athletes from overheating, dehydration
08/20/2014 10:49:29 AM
- Protect young athletes from overheating, dehydration
August 18 - 24Queen City Buzz shares this week's adventures, outings and event for you and your little ones.
Don't wait! Get your family ready & start the year off organized.
Considering their lack of anonymity with paparazzi lurking at every street corner, there are proud celebrity moms who breastfeed their babies while out and about.
Technology geared toward the very young presents promise and pitfalls.
From nose picking to head banging, some quirky behaviors are predictable and expected in young children.
Enter to win a gift pack of all natural skincare products by this local company.
Enjoy the show!
Whether you are new to breastfeeding or looking for a friendly place to encourage your feeding , Charlotte resources for breastfeeding support are plentiful. This list offers classes, support groups, and individual consultants available to help moms throughout our area, as well as online resources.
Cool off on a lazy summer day at the movie theater or grab a blanket and a picnic and watch a show on a hot summer night. Either way, this list of theaters includes free and $1 movies all summer long.
Eating out doesn't have to cost a fortune. Check out these free -- or nearly free -- restaurant deals for kids.
Sometimes a mini-vacation is in order. The family will love these quick day trips that only require a short drive from the Queen City.
As STEM-based education is becoming more popular, the mandate for parents to be more involved in integrating STEM outside of school can be intimidating. But there are plenty of opportunities available to immerse your child in STEM-based learning at home. Writer Gi Hallmark looks at the resources available to local parents.
As your young reader becomes more independent, finding great series for them to experience is both necessary and easy with Gi Hallmark's guide to chapter books.
The Deal Diva's tips to getting the best bargains when Harris Teeter holds their Super Double Coupon event. Start clipping & saving!
Click on a date below to see its events.
Best Bets From Our Calendar
Bounce houses, face painting, games, food & more - all to benefit the Ronald McDonald House
You love taking the kids there, but why not enjoy a night out without your little ones at Discovery Place as they host a 90s throwback party after hours?
Charlotte Ballet is holding auditions for its scholarship dance program Reach