We are the region's best source of headlines, tips and social forums for parents. Feel free to browse, but to participate you must register. Your old MomsCharlotte login won't work, so please re-register. If you're a member of charlotteobserver.com you can use that to login!
- Young adult fiction is among the most popular genres and has found its own following with tweens, teens, and adults alike. Blogger Gi Hallmark not only had the opportunity to attend the young adult fiction festival, YALLFest, but also chatted with former Charlottean Jonathan Sanchez, Co-Founder of YALLFest.
- Children are like snowflakes: no two are exactly alike, And that's why your parenting approach cannot always be the same when interacting with and discipling your children. Attachment Parenting International offers suggestions for parents who have a sensitive child who doesn't respond well to traditional discipline strategies.
- Uptown Charlotte has a new way for the family to ring in the new year. ReplacingFirst Night Charlotte, CLT New Year's Eve features an alcohol-free, family-friendly event, including live music, the raising of the crown and more.
- For moms, a trip to the park with the kids is part of the daily routine and an outlet for stress. Yet for one mom, days at the park symbolized the loneliness and shame she felt as a young, single mother trying to figure it all out. Join blogger Tara Ashcraft in part 4 of her touching series on life through the lens of a teenage mom.
- The women of She Reads have compiled a great list of holiday books that any mom will enjoy. Get in the spirit this season by curling up with a good book....it may be just what you need to escape, recharge, or warm your heart.
American children are safer, healthier, and better educated than in decades past.
December 22 - 28Queen City Buzz shares this week's adventures, outings and event for you and your little ones.
WDYM u dk what all these mean?!
The key to ending those dreaded nighttime wails is getting to the bottom of why they're happening.
Jewish families now have a version of the popular Elf on the Shelf to celebrate Hanukkah.
Win a 4-pack of tickets to the 7:30pm show on Saturday, 1/10.
The crafting service offices hands-on creativity for kids delivered to your doorstep!
Does it still seem to early to hang tinsel on your tree? Get yourself in the holiday spirit and kick start your celebrations with our list of tree lightings, Santa visits, horse-drawn carriages, holiday performances and more. The fun has already begun....
The Deal Diva's tips to getting the best bargains when Harris Teeter holds their Super Double Coupon event. Start clipping & saving!
Eating out doesn't have to cost a fortune. Check out these free -- or nearly free -- restaurant deals for kids.
As STEM-based education is becoming more popular, there are plenty of opportunities available to immerse your child in STEM-based learning at home.
As your young reader becomes more independent, finding great series for them to experience is both necessary and easy with Gi Hallmark's guide to chapter books.
Developing a love of reading requires a great home library. Whether you're buying the books to have or borrowing them from a local library, these 20 picture books are the perfect place to start!
Looking for activities for your little ones to get involved in? Check out our list of art, dance, gymnastics and swimming classes for kids.
Best Bets From Our Calendar
All your favorites will be at TWC Arena On 1/10.
The Duke Mansion is hosting a 100th birthday party on New Year's Eve that will include dinner, dancing, and a late-evening breakfast.
Children's Theatre of Charlotte debuts The Story of the Little Gentleman, and continues the holiday tradition of "Scrooge".
Enjoy activities & exhibits at the museum this month.
Simply Healthy hosts monthly meetings to offer ideas and support to families with allergies.
Artist Laurie Richardson hosts small group 13-week art lessons in her SouthPark studio.