We are the region's best source of headlines, tips and social forums for parents. Feel free to browse, but to participate you must register. Your old MomsCharlotte login won't work, so please re-register. If you're a member of charlotteobserver.com you can use that to login!
- It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game, right? That's what local mom and writer Bess Kercher keeps telling herself as she navigates the world of team sports with her two sons leading the charge. Find out how a non-athletic mom fares in a world dominated by competition and sports.
- Balancing family and career can be particularly tough for those in the medical field, like Statesville dentist Amanda Kotis. Faced with the need to decide between her new dental practice and her desire to have a second child, Kotis made a bold decision that helped her do both.
- If you or your children are intrigued with the story of the Titanic, then dont miss the Titanic Museum in Tennessee. The museum tells the entire story of the Titanic from the days of construction in Belfast, Ireland to the tragic voyage, to its discovery on the ocean floor to recovery efforts that are still underway.
- MomsCharlotte.com is excited to share our newest creation - KidsEatFreeCLT! This easy-to use app puts free and cheap meals for kids in the palm of your hands. Just add it to your smartphone and you'll instantly know which local restaurants offer "Kids Eat Free" deals each night of the week!
- In the aftermath of her 2-year old son's illness and death, blogger Meg McElwain discusses the grieving process her family is experiencing as they continue their lives without Mitchell. Meg shares his story and continues the fight against childhood cancer in his memory.
The next best thing to a friend with a boat is Cruzin
09/20/2014 01:35:56 PM
- The next best thing to a friend with a boat is Cruzin
September 29 - October 5Queen City Buzz shares this week's adventures, outings and event for you and your little ones.
The Infinite Smile Project brings joy to others through acts of kindness and is looking for creative kids to join them.
A study from NCSU finds working mothers burdened by the pressures of cooking fresh meals for their families.
Nutritionist Melissa Hermann Dierks shares 5 tips to make sure your freshman doesnt pack on the dreaded 'Freshman 15'.
Rejection is a part of life, but you can make it a teaching moment.
Enter to win a copy of Lisa Leake's new cookbook & start transforming the way your family eats.
Looking for activities for your little ones to get involved in? Check out our list of art, dance, gymnastics and swimming classes for kids.
Eating out doesn't have to cost a fortune. Check out these free -- or nearly free -- restaurant deals for kids.
As STEM-based education is becoming more popular, the mandate for parents to be more involved in integrating STEM outside of school can be intimidating. But there are plenty of opportunities available to immerse your child in STEM-based learning at home. Writer Gi Hallmark looks at the resources available to local parents.
As your young reader becomes more independent, finding great series for them to experience is both necessary and easy with Gi Hallmark's guide to chapter books.
Listing of how to find childcare, resources for special needs and support groups
Looking for playgroups, socialization or support? Check out our incredible list of parenting groups.
Free and inexpensive ways to find fun with your children all over town.
Click on a date below to see its events.
Best Bets From Our Calendar
Join other concerned parents to learn about children and technology. The topic this month is 'Smart Parents and Smart Phones.'
Tweetsie Railroad hosts a frightfully fun time September 26-November1.
All your favorite Disney characters are coming to town for a spectacular skating event.