We are the region's best source of headlines, tips and social forums for parents. Feel free to browse, but to participate you must register. Your old MomsCharlotte login won't work, so please re-register. If you're a member of charlotteobserver.com you can use that to login!
- Does it still seem to early to hang tinsel on your tree? Get yourself in the holiday spirit and kick start your celebrations with our list of tree lightings, Santa visits, horse-drawn carriages, holiday performances and more. The fun has already begun....
- 19 years old, in college and pregnant. Change coach and blogger Tara Ashcraft continues her series on being a young single mother. Told through a lens of shame, confidence, strength, and learning, Mother Vision is a beautifully written tale any mother can relate to.
- With her usual wit and wisdom, humor columnist Tracy Curtis shares her secret to a restful and fun holiday season. It just takes three little days, a lot of energy and ruining Thanksgiving. But then you can sit back and enjoy the eggnog!
- What's it like to play on a team with no grueling practices, no pressure to win, no worry about awards and accolades? As Team Mom Bess Kercher recalls her own experience playing sports, we get a glimpse into the fun that playing really should be all about.
- Get your 'lil chef in the kitchen to make these yummy Thanksgiving treats. This simple, child-friendly recipe is adorable and Susan Caldwell of Flour Power Kids Cooking Studios in Charlotte promises that even the pickiest of eaters will gobble these turkeys up!
Thanks for giving us the weekend to prep Christmas
11/24/2014 06:40:39 AM
- Thanks for giving us the weekend to prep Christmas
Everything you ever wanted to know about ecommerce and selling online
11/27/2014 05:07:00 PM
- Everything you ever wanted to know about ecommerce and selling online
November 24-December 1Queen City Buzz shares this week's adventures, outings and event for you and your little ones.
The holiday season can be a challenging time for those with mental illness, but there are resources available to help.
The trend toward Hallothanksmas doesn't have to cross the threshold to your home and affect your kids.
A new book shares the unconventional parenting methods one family uses to raise their 8 children.
Although they are convenient for use in the dishwasher and washing machine, pod-type cleaning supplies can pose a danger to young children.
The crafting service offices hands-on creativity for kids delivered to your doorstep!
With more than 25 Marvel characters, this show is action-packed fun.
Does it still seem to early to hang tinsel on your tree? Get yourself in the holiday spirit and kick start your celebrations with our list of tree lightings, Santa visits, horse-drawn carriages, holiday performances and more. The fun has already begun....
The Deal Diva's tips to getting the best bargains when Harris Teeter holds their Super Double Coupon event. Start clipping & saving!
Eating out doesn't have to cost a fortune. Check out these free -- or nearly free -- restaurant deals for kids.
As STEM-based education is becoming more popular, there are plenty of opportunities available to immerse your child in STEM-based learning at home.
As your young reader becomes more independent, finding great series for them to experience is both necessary and easy with Gi Hallmark's guide to chapter books.
Developing a love of reading requires a great home library. Whether you're buying the books to have or borrowing them from a local library, these 20 picture books are the perfect place to start!
Looking for activities for your little ones to get involved in? Check out our list of art, dance, gymnastics and swimming classes for kids.
Best Bets From Our Calendar
Eat great cookies and support an even greater cause December 6.
Simply Healthy hosts monthly meetings to offer ideas and support to families with allergies.
Before settling down for a great meal, head Uptown for an even greater Thanksgiving parade.
Moms Managing Media will tackle gift giving at their monthly meeting on December 4.
Head to the Belle Johnston Community Center on Wednesdays for a free morning of action-packed gym fun.
The day has finally arrived....American Girl will open its new store in SouthPark Mall on Saturday, October 11.