We are the region's best source of headlines, tips and social forums for parents. Feel free to browse, but to participate you must register. Your old MomsCharlotte login won't work, so please re-register. If you're a member of charlotteobserver.com you can use that to login!
- Whether you're exploring your own city or traveling to a new place this summer, travel blogger Sara Kendall has tips to make the most of traveling with your kids while getting in all the best sites. Happy travels!
- Is it possible to carry a baby in your body and not become emotionally attached? Surrogate Stacey Ashe says the answer is not as simple as the question. Drawing on her three surrogacy experiences as well as her two personal pregnancies, Ashe explains how family relationships impacted her journey as a surrogate.
- Local author, educator, and social leadership strategist, Michelle Icard disagrees with columnist John Rosemond's parenting approach and suggests that we close the door on the no-door policy' that Rosemond advocates. Taking on his recent advice about teenage attitudes, Icard explains why understanding and respect is a better strategy.
- As summer rolls along and schedules go out the window, you don't have to abandon your fitness goals. Blogger Cathy Bortz shares her favorite workout for travel and days when getting to a class at the gym is impossible. Her three-two-one routine is flexible, fun, and fast, and doesn't require any special equipment.
- Dr. Sheila Kilbane takes on a challenge from 100 Days of Real Food and creates a healthier, more natural version of PediaSure for kids - Dr. Kilbane's Liquid Vitality. With an easy to follow recipe and nutritional information, Dr. Kilbane also provides details on how to get a picky eater to enjoy this great meal supplement.
Never wake a sleeping baby isn't always the right advice
07/14/2014 09:53:39 PM
- Never wake a sleeping baby isn't always the right advice
July 21 - 27Queen City Buzz shares this week's adventures, outings and event for you and your little ones.
From nose picking to head banging, some quirky behaviors are predictable and expected in young children.
Grab the popcorn and enjoy a movie night!
Nutritionist Melissa Herrman Dierks suggests getting healthy this summer by not dieting.
This week's HT menu features chicken, shrimp, pork & more - all for under $58!
Budsies brings your child's drawings to life.
2 winners will each receive a great new John Deere toy truck!
Blogger Michelle Lloyd and her budding artist daughter check out this creative site that takes children's drawings and turns them in to stuffed animals.
As STEM-based education is becoming more popular, the mandate for parents to be more involved in integrating STEM outside of school can be intimidating. But there are plenty of opportunities available to immerse your child in STEM-based learning at home. Writer Gi Hallmark looks at the resources available to local parents.
Cool off on a lazy summer day at the movie theater or grab a blanket and a picnic and watch a show on a hot summer night. Either way, this list of theaters includes free and $1 movies all summer long.
As your young reader becomes more independent, finding great series for them to experience is both necessary and easy with Gi Hallmark's guide to chapter books.
The Deal Diva's tips to getting the best bargains when Harris Teeter holds their Super Double Coupon event. Start clipping & saving!
Whether they're creating it or admiring it, when children are exposed to art great things happen. Charlotte mom Gi Hallmark explores why art is crucial to child development and shares the best places to expose your children to art in the Queen City.
Eating out doesn't have to cost a fortune. Check out these free -- or nearly free -- restaurant deals for kids.
Click on a date below to see its events.
Best Bets From Our Calendar
Disney's latest great animated film, Planes: Fire & Rescue, hit theaters this week.
During the month of August, enjoy the lazy nights of summer with family-friendly outdoor movies.
This summer is packed-full of events for the entire family at the library.