Uptown’s newest apartment tower is peeking out over the roofs of other nearby buildings, as Childress Klein pours a new floor every four days at 525 South Church.
The apartment tower is being constructed atop the Mint Museum, next to the Duke Energy Center. Here are the latest stats and completion targets for the tower:
▪ Topping out, when the highest beam will be installed, is scheduled for April. That’s in just six months.
▪ Completion is scheduled for fall 2016.
▪ Units will be available for lease in June.
▪ The tower will have 393 apartments. It will be 43 stories tall, reaching approximately 450 feet above street level.
▪ Workers are installing exterior glass on levels 12 to 16, framing on levels 14 to 18 and pouring level 24.