Work began on Riverbend Village last year, and it is expected to wrap up in spring 2018. The shopping center will be anchored by a Harris Teeter store, and will also have 600 residential units, 385,000 square feet of office space and 320,000 square feet of retail space.
Charlotte-based MPV Properties is handling the leasing for the new center. Development partners on the project include Simpson Commercial Real Estate and Landmark Development Group.
MPV says additional leases are being negotiated with a yoga studio, a pizza restaurant, a breakfast restaurant, pet supply store and veterinary hospital.
Never miss a local story.
Here are the details of the new businesses:
▪ Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers will open in an outparcel at the center. This will be the brand’s fifth location in the Charlotte metro
▪ Anytime Fitness, a 24-hour gym, will open in a 6,000 square-foot freestanding building at the center. Franchisees James and Jody Sorey, who operate another Anytime Fitness in Kannapolis, will run this new Riverbend location
▪ Wild Wing Cafe will occupy a 7,070 square-foot freestanding building along Smith Farm Road. This will be the wing restaurant’s fourth location in the Charlotte metro
▪ TCBY has leased a 1,600 square-foot space in front of Harris Teeter. This is owner/operator Samuel Batt’s 17th location in the Charlotte market
▪ The Dental Company, a multi-specialty dental group, will be in a 2,481 square-foot space next to Dunkin’ Donuts in a multi-tenant outparcel building along Mt. Holly Huntersville Road