Tijuana Flats, the Florida-based Tex-Mex chain that closed its East Boulevard location this spring, has set May 11 as the opening date of its new Concord Mills location.
The new restaurant will be in a 2,477-square-foot space at 8680 Concord Mills Blvd., across the street from Lowe’s Home Improvement. It’ll employ around 35 to 40 workers, including management, back-of-house and front-of-house employees, the company said this week.
“We can’t wait to introduce Tijuana Flats to the town of Concord. In addition to joining a fantastic community, we’re doing so at a very exciting time of year with the upcoming races,” Brad Kaemmer, CEO of Tijuana Flats, said in a statement.
The Concord Mills location will feature a slew of energy-efficient equipment and environmentally friendly practices, the company said, including menus on recycled paper and water-saving toilets.
Never miss a local story.
The new Tijuana Flats will offer drink specials every Monday and Wednesday, including $2 Dos Equis and Sam Adams drafts, $3 local craft beers, $10 buckets, $2 wine and $3 sangria.
Tijuana Flats has also said it will open a UNC-Charlotte location this summer.
Here are the opening week specials the restaurant is featuring:
▪ May 11: One free burrito for the first 50 guests on opening day.
▪ May 12: Two tacos, chips and a drink for $5.49 (every Tuesday).
▪ May 13: $2 Tacos and FedEX Car Appearance, where customers can take photos, talk to race experts and get giveaways.
▪ May 14: Tijuana burrito, chips and a drink for $5.99 (every Thursday).
▪ May 15: Live music 6-9 p.m., drink specials and giveaways.
▪ May 16: Public servants (police, firefighters, teachers, EMT, military, doctors and nurses) receive 50 percent off an entree.
▪ May 17: Kids Eat Free all day with the purchase of an adult entree.