Sept. 29 is National Coffee Day, and several stores in the Charlotte area are giving away free java. Here’s a list of several freebies in the region:
▪ Dunkin’ Donuts is giving away a free medium cup of hot or iced dark roast coffee.
▪ Krispy Kreme is giving out free 12-ounce cups of coffee and free original glazed doughnuts. Participating shops are also offering small iced coffees and a variety of small lattes and mochas for $1 Tuesday.
▪ Sheetz is offering customers a free cup of coffee. There are a handful of the convenience stores just outside Charlotte.
▪ A 12-ounce cup of coffee is 25 cents at Whole Foods. The grocer has had this offer going on for all of September in its U.S. stores.
▪ McDonald’s locations in the greater Charlotte area are giving away a free cup of hot or iced coffee. For every free cup, store owners will also donate 25 cents to the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte.