After Gray and Susan Kimel's son, Douglas "Chip" Kimel III, died from an accidental heroin overdose, they went after answers. The Kimels went up against the state pharmacy and medical boards trying to learn why their son's doctor had prescribed more than the recommended dosage of oxycodone and why Chip's pharmacist continued filling the prescriptions. Justine Miller jmiller@mcclatchy.com
After Gray and Susan Kimel's son, Douglas "Chip" Kimel III, died from an accidental heroin overdose, they went after answers. The Kimels went up against the state pharmacy and medical boards trying to learn why their son's doctor had prescribed more than the recommended dosage of oxycodone and why Chip's pharmacist continued filling the prescriptions. Justine Miller jmiller@mcclatchy.com

Local

Will doctors prescribe fewer painkillers? One patient got 300 oxycodone before heroin overdose.

November 04, 2016 6:40 PM

  Comments  

Videos