The Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office is collecting donations that will be delivered to Texas as part of the “Charlotte Helps Houston” Harvey relief effort.
“We are asking folks here in our community to come together and help us show the people of Texas that we care and that we are here for them,” Sheriff Irwin Carmichael said Friday.
Here are suggested items to donate and a list of local businesses and churches serving as drop-off locations. More locations will be added, and the list will be updated at www.mecksheriff.com. Donations will be accepted until Sept. 14.
Suggested items to donate: Non-perishable food; powdered drink mix; baby items, such as diapers, wipes and formula; cleaning products, including bleach and rubber gloves; first aid supplies, such as bandages, antibiotic ointment and antiseptic wipes; personal hygiene items; clothes/undergarments; notes of encouragement.
Never miss a local story.
Drop off sites, during business hours:
▪ Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office – WRRC, 901 Elizabeth Ave., Charlotte.
▪ Blueharbor Bank, 104 N. Statesville Road, Huntersville.
▪ Mecklenburg County Park & Recreation, 5841 Brookshire Blvd., Charlotte.
▪ Beds for Kids – Charlotte Warehouse, 2519 S. Tryon St., Charlotte.
▪ Hope House Foundation, 15604 Northcross Drive, Huntersville.
▪ Beds for Kids – Lake Norman Warehouse, 11020 Bailey Road, Suite D, Cornelius.
▪ North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service, 1418 Armory Drive, Charlotte.
▪ Weeping Willow AME Zion Church, 2220 Milton Road, Charlotte.
▪ Old Store Produce, 14720 Brown Mill Road, Huntersville.
The effort is the latest among Charlotte area agencies, organizations, churches and businesses to help victims of the storm.
A list of some of the other efforts can be found at Charloteobserver.com.