Commuters traveling on I-85 south should expect heavy delays after an accident earlier Monday morning.
Police reported an accident with injury at 7:22 a.m. at I-85 south and West W.T. Harris Boulevard.
Meanwhile, the Observer’s news partner, WBTV, reported that Beatties Ford Road was blocked in both directions after power lines fell in the roadway following a wreck.
The northbound and southbound lanes, between Mount Holly-Huntersville Road and Rhian Brook Lane, closed around 6:30 a.m. Charlotte-Mecklenburg police told WBTV that the driver in the single-car accident walked away after the crash. They found him a short time later.
Never miss a local story.
It was not known when the road will reopen.
According to Duke Energy, as of Monday morning, 47 customers were affected by power outages in the Charlotte region, although it was unclear how many, if any, were caused by the incident on Beatties Ford Road.
Several other accidents were reported Monday morning, including:
▪ 6:39 a.m. accident at Bealer and Hovis roads.
▪ 6:42 a.m. accident at Cambridge Beltway Drive and South Tryon Street.
▪ 7:09 a.m. accident at 1331 Tyvola Road.
▪ 7:14 a.m. accident at South Tryon Street and West I-485.
▪ 7:22 a.m. accident at West Arrowood Road and West Hebron Street.
▪ 7:23 a.m. accident at The Plaza and East Sugar Creek Road.
▪ 7:41 a.m. accident at Colvard Park Way and Mallard Creek Road.
Other problems reported:
▪ 7:26 a.m. malfunctioning traffic light at North Sharon Amity Road and Shamrock Drive.
▪ 7:44 a.m. malfunctioning traffic light at Beatties Ford Road and Booker Avenue.
▪ 7:25 a.m. road blockage at 5321 Parkview Drive South.
Check back here throughout the morning for updates on your commute.