The Charlotte Fire Department reported a hazmat incident at Abe-Mor Inc. in Charlotte Wednesday afternoon.
The cause of concern was a sulphric acid spill. It was contained to the structure, and there are no environmental hazards.
According to WSOC, the owner of Abe-Mor called for help when about 100 gallons of the chemical, mixed with water, spilled after plumbing failure.
Never miss a local story.
Abe-Mor makes soaps, waxes and other cleaners for car and truck washes, WSOC reported.
He told WSOC he was carried out by firefighters because he wasn’t wearing any shoes. He refused treatment after being carried out.
According to a tweet from the fire department, forty firefighters controlled the incident in a about an hour.