Wednesday’s forecast has caused a number of cancellations and postponements across the Charlotte region.
Wednesday K-12 closings
Anson County, Burke County, Cabarrus County, Carmel Christian, Carolina International School, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (makeup day is March 31), Chester County (S.C.), Chesterfield County (S.C.), Clover (S.C.), Fort Mill (S.C.), Heritage Christian (Gaffney, S.C.), Kannapolis City, Lake Norman Charter, Rock Hill, Rowan-Salisbury, St. Anne Catholic (Rock Hill), Socrates Academy, Southlake Christian Academy, Stanly County, Union County (N.C.), Union County (S.C.), USC-Lancaster, Victory Christian, Wilkes County, York city schools.
Wednesday college closings
Art Institute of Charlotte, Catawba University, CPCC, Gaston College, Johnson & Wales University, Mitchell Community College, NASCAR Institute, Southern Piedmont Community College, Queens University of Charlotte, UNC Charlotte, York Tech.
• Charlotte city offices: Two-hour delay Wednesday.
• Charlotte Mecklenburg Library: Closed Tuesday night and Wednesday.
• Charlotte Area Transit System: Operating, but riders should expect delays and detours.www.ridetransit.org
for updates or on Twitter:@CATSRideTransit
• Cabarrus County: Cabarrus County Transportation Services suspended, except for dialysis appointments; County LunchPlus meal sites closed; classes at Cabarrus County Senior Centers and parks closed.
• Mecklenburg County courts: Closed Wednesday.
• Mecklenburg County offices: Two-hour delay Wednesday.
• Mecklenburg garbage and recycling collection: Suspended Wednesday.
• Monroe City offices: Two-hour delay.
• Mooresville town offices: closed.
• Union County government offices: Closed Wednesday.
• Veterans Affairs Office outpatient clinics in Charlotte and Hickory: Closed Wednesday; emergency department is open.