Downtown Mooresville fire displaces three adults, two infants

03/20/2014 2:12 PM

03/20/2014 2:13 PM

Fire in a downtown Mooresville apartment late Wednesday caused no injuries but displaced three adults and two infants, Mooresville Fire & Rescue Chief Curt Deaton said.

An occupant used a fire extinguisher to keep the flames in check until firefighters arrived, Deaton said. The fire was confined to the kitchen of a first-floor apartment in the Park View Apartments in the 300 block of West McNeely Ave., Deaton said.

The American Red Cross assisted those displaced by the fire.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service