Employees out of hospital after Charlotte fumes incident

06/10/2014 7:05 AM

06/10/2014 7:07 AM

Seven employees overcome by fumes Monday afternoon at a west Charlotte company were released from the hospital after treatment, corporate officials say.

The Charlotte Fire Department said 10 people were treated at the Wikoff Color plant in the 2800 block of Interstate Street, near Interstate 85 and the Billy Graham Parkway. The incident was reported about 2:30 p.m. Monday. Seven were taken by Medic to the hospital.

Art Dennis, a spokesman for Fort Mill, S.C.-based Wikoff Color, said those seven employees were released from the hospital Monday evening. He said the problem appeared to be carbon monoxide poisoning. “We are deeply concerned about the well-being of our employees, Dennis said. Steve Lyttle

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service