Uptown natural gas leak repaired
06/17/2014 11:26 AM
06/17/2014 11:28 AM
A number of employees at uptown Charlotte businesses were evacuated for a few minutes Tuesday morning after a natural gas line was ruptured along East Trade Street.
The incident was reported about 10:45 a.m. in the 300 block of East Trade Street, according to Charlotte fire officials. That is near the light rail line, between EpiCentre and Time Warner Cable Arena.
Authorities said it took a crew of 20 firefighters only six minutes to cap the leak. No injuries were reported.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.