Man dies in Burke County fire

07/25/2014 8:41 AM

07/25/2014 3:21 PM

A 53-year-old man died in a fire at Lowman’s Motor Court in Burke County Friday morning, the Burke County Fire Marshal’s Office said Friday.

Emergency responders arrived on the scene at 6:30 a.m. and remained on site till just after 11 a.m. Officials said a discarded cigarette on a couch in the man’s room was the source of the fire.

The man’s identity isn’t being released until family members are notified, authorities said Friday afternoon.

Lowman’s is on U.S. 70 in Hildebran.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service