Interstate 485 Inner Loop reopened at 3:15 a.m. Thursday, after a fatal wreck late Wednesday closed the highway near Steele Creek Road Exit 4 in Charlotte.
Motorists were forced to detour onto Exit 1 to N.C. 49 and Steele Creek Road.
Police, meanwhile, are investigating a slew of wrecks, including two with injuries, at Remount Road and Baltimore Avenue and in Huntersville at Ramah Church and Sam Furr roads.
Police also are at wrecks at:
Never miss a local story.
• East Sugar Creek Road and North Tryon Street.
• Ballantyne Commons Parkway and Ballantyne Corporate Place.
• East Third Street and Charlottetowne Avenue.
• Moretz and Statesville avenues in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department’s Metro Division.
• Billy Graham Parkway and Boyer Street.
• Eastway and Shamrock drives.
• Central Avenue and Eastway Drive.
• 9200 block of Southern Pine Boulevard in the Steele Creek area.
• 1000 block of Statesville Road.
• 13300 block of Albemarle Road.
In other Charlotte road news:
• An expected 500 runners will participate in Saturday’s NC Music Factory 5K Rock N’ Run in Charlotte, using the route of Seaboard Street, North Johnson Street, Polk Street, Spratt Street, Oliver Street, Statesville Avenue, Dalton Avenue, Plymouth Avenue, Dunice Street, Sylvania Avenue, Grimes Street and Dalton Street.
The event is at 8 a.m. in front of the NC Music Factory, 1000 NC Music Factory Blvd.
• At 9 a.m. Monday, weather permitting, the state will temporarily close a section of Marvin Road between Johnston Road and Ardrey Kell Road in Charlotte so crews can replace a pipe under the road.
The closure will last through Aug. 22.
A detour will be posted from Marvin Road to Johnston Road to Ardrey Kell Road and back to Marvin Road.