No injuries in Hickory house fire

08/09/2014 6:43 PM

08/09/2014 6:45 PM

No injuries were reported Saturday morning when fire damaged a house in northwest Hickory, authorities say.

The fire was reported shortly before 5:30 a.m. at a single-family home in the 800 block of 6th Avenue Drive NW, according to Hickory fire officials. Crews found flames coming from the house when they responded.

Authorities said it took firefighters a little more than 20 minutes to put out the blaze. Damage was confined to the attic and exterior wall of the house, fire officials said. They said the blaze was accidental and caused by an electrical problem.

The American Red Cross provided help for the family displaced by the blaze.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service