Carbon monoxide alarm at Coulwood Middle
08/28/2014 12:56 PM
08/28/2014 1:17 PM
Charlotte firefighters and Medic responded around midday Thursday to Coulwood Middle School in northwest Charlotte due to a carbon monoxide alert, authorities say.
Charlotte fire officials said they were called about 12:15 p.m. to the school, on Kentberry Drive, due to “carbon monoxide readings.” According to several reports, the readings were found in the cafeteria area.
A spokeswoman for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools said all students and staff were evacuated initially. By 12:45 p.m., the students and staff were moved to other areas of the school.
Medic reported “evaluating” two people. There is no indication that anyone needed hospital treatment.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Charlotte Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.