Local

August 28, 2014

Carbon monoxide alarm at Coulwood Middle

Charlotte fire officials said they were called about 12:15 p.m. to the school on Kentberry Drive due to “carbon monoxide readings.”

Charlotte firefighters and Medic responded around midday Thursday to Coulwood Middle School in northwest Charlotte due to a carbon monoxide alert, authorities say.

Charlotte fire officials said they were called about 12:15 p.m. to the school, on Kentberry Drive, due to “carbon monoxide readings.” According to several reports, the readings were found in the cafeteria area.

A spokeswoman for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools said all students and staff were evacuated initially. By 12:45 p.m., the students and staff were moved to other areas of the school.

Medic reported “evaluating” two people. There is no indication that anyone needed hospital treatment.

Related content

Comments

Videos

Editor's Choice Videos